We have one opening
Volunteers on the Resident Care Team will be involved in caring for our feeder animals (mice), cleaning resident aviaries, keeping our working spaces clean, doing laundry, filling wild bird feeders, and helping out with other special projects around the center.
- Time Requirement:
- Minimum of one four-hour shift a week, and an initial commitment of 100 hours (roughly six months at 4hrs/week). This shift runs daily from 8:30am -1:00pm.
- Dress code:
- While you are here, you are representing the Raptor Center. Please wear appropriate clothing (e.g., close-toed shoes, your volunteer name badge; no short-shorts, sleeveless shirts, leggings, or yoga pants).
- Special Considerations:
- Most of the work done by our Resident Care Team is done outside, all year round in all weather conditions. Expect to get dirty.
- Work is frequently physically demanding and Resident Care volunteers are on their feet during shifts. We are situated on the side of Spencer Butte, so being able to walk up hills, haul heavy hoses, and lift crates is necessary. Being able to lift 50 pounds is a must.
- We are working with predatory birds whose diet consists of small, whole animals. Please be aware that as an Resident Care Volunteer part of your duties may consist of picking up leftover pieces of mice, quail, rabbit, rats and fish.