We currently have several openings
Volunteers on the Resident Care Team will be involved in caring our ambassador animals by keeping the aviaries, crates, and perches clean and safe. They will help training staff maintain the general public area for the enjoyment of our guests. They also assist in care for our feeder animals (mice), keeping our working spaces clean, doing laundry, and helping out with other special projects around the center.
- Requisito de tiempo:
- Minimum of one 4.5-hour shift a week, and an initial commitment of 100 hours (roughly 6 months at 4 hrs/week). This shift runs daily from 8:30am -1:00pm.
- Dress Code:
- While you are here, you are representing the Raptor Center. Please wear appropriate clothing (e.g., closed-toe shoes, your volunteer name badge; no short-shorts, sleeveless shirts, leggings, or yoga pants).
- Consideraciones Especiales:
- Most of the work done by our Resident Care team is done outside, all year round in all weather conditions. Expect to get dirty.
- Work is often physically demanding and Resident Care volunteers are on their feet during shifts. We are situated on the side of Spencer Butte, so being able to walk up hills, haul heavy hoses, and lift crates is necessary. Being able to lift 50 pounds is a must.
- We are working with predatory birds whose diet consists of small, whole animals. Please be aware that as an Resident Care volunteer part of your duties may consist of picking up leftover pieces of mice, quail, rabbit, rats, and fish.