Yes, we are open for visitors! We are very glad we can still be a place of refuge and connection to wildlife in these unusual times. Come get outside and up close with our beautiful birds!
Masks are required for visitors age 5 and up.
Please make a reservation below to help us ensure proper COVID-19 distancing.
See below for our updated COVID-19 visiting guidelines.
Without a healthy staff and volunteer team, the well-being of the birds in our care is at risk. Please help us keep both them and you safe by following COVID-19 guidelines.
COVID-19 Visiting Guidelines
1. Ticketing is ONLINE with timed reservations to help us monitor visitor numbers and ensure adequate distancing. Timeslots are for entry only, not exiting. We encourage you to spend as much time here as you’d like! If you need assistance with purchasing, please call 541-485-1320, ext. 0.
2. Face masks are required for visitors age 5 and up to help us protect each other. Although our center is outdoors, some trails are narrow and cannot all be made one-way.
- Masks with valves, mesh, or cutouts are not adequate face coverings because they allow droplets to be released. Face shields are not recommended to be used alone, though for some individuals, they may be medically necessary.
3. NO restrooms on site. Due to limited staff and the need for very frequent disinfecting to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in tight quarters, we will not be able to provide public restrooms at this time. There is a portable toilet available at the trailhead right across the street.
4. No picnics on site.
5. Please observe traffic flow signage and give others space. Follow one-way signs, yield to others on narrow paths, and remain at least 6 feet from other groups.
– Though not specific to COVID requirements – NO DOGS are allowed, even in cars. Canines are natural predators of raptors, and raptors’ extremely keen eyesight makes them able to spot dogs at a great distance. A resident bird spooked by a dog can incur serious injuries or training setbacks from only a single encounter. See here for our policy on service animals.
What We Are Doing to Prevent COVID-19: Staff and volunteers will all be wearing masks indoors and out (except when working with certain birds). We are also utilizing hand sanitizer and handwashing stations, a plexiglass barrier at check-in, and recyclable maps. High-touch surfaces are being sanitized regularly throughout the day.