Our standard outreach program is approximately 35 minutes and includes:
1 bird (with trainer)
Fee is $200 + travel fees outside Eugene/Springfield area. Travel fees are $0.55/mile and $25/hour staff time. Add $25 for large groups (requires two staff) over 45.
For back-to-back Standard programs, we offer a discount of $50 off the second program.
This program is approximately 50 minutes and includes:
2 birds (with trainers)
Fee is $275 + travel fees outside Eugene/Springfield area. Travel fees are $0.55/mile and $25/hour staff time.
For back-to-back Extended programs, we offer a discount of $100 off the second program.
If you are interested in scheduling a visit from Dmitri, please fill out the program request form and a staff member will contact you.
Dmitri, our Eurasian Eagle-Owl, is the largest owl and most confident member of our Education Team. In addition to his work as a raptor educator, he also makes private appearances to support the work we do at Cascades Raptor Center, such as personal visits. He has experience with photo shoots, corporate events, weddings and even film sets.
The base rate for a Dmitri visit is $350, with an additional surcharge that depends on the specific circumstances of the request. Please contact us using the form on this page and provide detailed information including:
- A description of the location for the appearance, and
- Whether Dmitri would be a passive visitor or active participant in a flight or training demonstration
Birds are very sensitive to excessive heat. If the outdoor temperature is over 85 degrees, the program will need to be held in an air-conditioned space.
In the event of hazardous conditions like significant snow or ice, programs may need to be rescheduled.
48-hour cancellation notice is required or your group will be charged the minimum fee for the program.
What makes a great program space for us?
- Good acoustics with little echo (libraries and classrooms are great; avoid gyms and cafeterias)
- A solid wall behind the presentation space (this helps the birds feel safe)
- A nearby parking spot so we can haul equipment in and out easily
- No other animals present, especially dogs