Intern with Cascades Raptor Center
Current Internships Available:
Non-Profit Guest Services
The CRC Internship is an opportunity to support the work of a growing non-profit dedicated to wildlife rescue and public education while developing relevant skills that can be used in the business and non-profit sectors.
What you provide: Flexibility, enthusiasm, follow-through, reliability, detail-oriented willingness to learn and ability to listen to constructive criticism towards a job well done. This position will include a wide variety of duties to assist the administrative and education teams at Cascades Raptor Center.
What we provide: This is a mentorship program where you will have the chance to work with multiple members of our team and other interns to get a sense of the detailed daily operations of a non-profit. Your excellent contributions will help you earn detailed letters of reference.
3-6 month unpaid internship, 20+hrs/week. Spring, Summer & Fall internships available.
Intern Duties (may include but not limited to):
- Greeting in the Visitor’s Center (includes point-of-sale for admission, retail sales,
answering questions about the birds, the Center, and what we do)
- Inventory control and assistance with online store
- Data management
- Donor communication support
- Fundraising support for annual event
- Research support
- Support staff with public education programs
- Outreach representing the Raptor Center at local events
- Assisting the education team with Raptor Camp and Family Nature Discovery Days
- Occasional site and facilities cleanup
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency in excel/word suite
- Comfortable working indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions
- Must be able to positively interact with members of the public
- Knowledge or strong interest in science, natural history, and birds of prey
- Ability to work well in a team as well as independently
- Willingness to learn, good humor, strong work ethic
- Experience leading and instructing groups
- In college or recent graduate of at least 18 years of age
- A passion for wildlife or non-profits and desire to share that passion with others
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a cohort of interns and with staff members
Upload a copy of your cover letter & resume and answer the questions on this google form.
Spring internship: 4/1-6/16 Summer internship: 6/24-9/15 Fall internship: 10/1-12/15
Questions? Contact Allison Vion: [email protected]