10 A.M. – 4 P.M. Tuesday – Sunday
Per state mandate, masks are required inside our visitor center for all visitors ages 5 and up.
Outdoors, masks are optional if you are distanced from other groups.
Advance reservations no longer required.
General Admission (Self-Guided Tour):
Students (age 13+)/Seniors (65+): $9
Children (age 2-12): $7
Members and kids under 2 FREE!
10% discount for groups of 15+ people
EBT card holders: Show your SNAP card at the door and get free admission for up to 4 people through Museums for All!
Other Visiting Options:
Parking and turnaround space on site are limited. If our lot is full, or if you have a bus or large RV, please park across Fox Hollow Rd. on Christensen Rd. (not in the Ridgeline Trailhead parking lot). There is not sufficient room for buses or RVs to turn around in our lot. Thank you!
If you have any questions about accessibility for your vehicle, please give us a call at (541) 485-1320, ext. 0.
- From the I-5 North, take Exit 189 (Lane Community College/30th Ave.), then turn left at the end of the off-ramp four-way stop onto 30th Ave. From I-5 South, take Exit 189 (Lane Community College/30th Ave.), then right onto McVay Hwy. Follow to the stop sign and turn right onto 30th Ave.
- Follow 30th Ave. for 3.2 miles, then turn left on Hilyard St. (by Albertson’s).
- Follow Hilyard south 3 blocks, then turn left onto W Amazon Drive (not Amazon Parkway).
- After 0.8 miles, turn right at the four-way stop onto Fox Hollow Rd.
- Once on Fox Hollow Rd. drive approximately 2.2 miles up the hill to Cascades Raptor Center. Our driveway is on the right across from the Ridgeline Trailhead.
- Take Willamette St. going south. At 32nd Ave., keep left to get onto Donald St.
- Follow Donald 0.7 miles until it ends at Fox Hollow Rd.
- Turn right on Fox Hollow Rd. and drive 0.8 miles up the hill to Cascades Raptor Center. Our driveway is on the right across from the Ridgeline Trailhead lot.
LTD route 24:
- Get off the bus at the Donald and Fox Hollow stop.
- Walk 1 mile up the hill along Fox Hollow Rd. to Cascades Raptor Center. (Caution: Narrow shoulder in some areas.)
LTD route 28 (Ridgeline Trail hiking route):
- Get off the bus at the W/S of W. Amazon N of Martin stop.
- Walk 0.5 blocks to the trailhead at the end of W Amazon Dr. and Martin St.
- Take the Martin St. Trailhead onto the Ridgeline Trail. Enjoy a vigorous 1.1 mile hike to the Fox Hollow Trailhead.
- Walk across Fox Hollow Rd. to our driveway.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Steep hill grade
- All-outdoor tour route
- Gravel paths with benches throughout
- Variable weather conditions (with temperatures typically at least 5 degrees cooler than in town)
- Sights, sounds, and (occasionally) smells of our amazing resident raptors exhibiting natural behaviors
Sorry, but NO DOGS are allowed onsite, including in parked vehicles, as they frighten the birds. Service animals are not allowed in most guest areas. Click here for more information on our service animal policy.
Note: Future growth plans include the creation of more accessible paths and parking, but this will take time and extensive renovation. Please be patient with us as we work to improve our facility!
SITE INFORMATION & ACCESSIBILITY
Cascades Raptor Center is located in the south hills of Eugene, on the slopes of Spencer Butte. Aviaries are spread out along short trails. Our site is historic oak-savanna habitat planted with numerous fir and pine trees. Because we have a diverse array of microhabitats, the site is rich in wildlife, especially birds. This beautiful location gives the peace and quiet the raptors need, plus excellent airflow and shade cover to protect them from extreme weather.